Need a Subject-Matter Expert?
CAFR members can contact Jeff Darling, Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist, at 303-492-4302 for more information.
Who should participate?
Any organization in Colorado committed to more sustainable purchasing policies and procedures is invited to join
CAFR and participate.
Download a membership factsheet for more information.
Colorado Council for Sustainable Purchasing
The Colorado Council for Sustainable Purchasing (CCSP) is a group of like-minded organizations who are willing to share procurement and supply chain management strategies and learn from each other.
The CCSP believes that by harnessing their collective knowledge and experience they can better align their efforts and significantly leverage resources and influence in creating a cleaner environment, a healthier community and better workplaces.
Value of Participation
- Learn effective methods of engaging vendors in your program
- Possible development of standardized environmental specifications for
common products and services purchased across the group
- Learn best practices for incorporating ethical or local considerations
into purchasing practice
- Understand best available technology from a sustainability perspective
(i.e., is there a more sustainable alternative for a product or service)
- Develop shared tools or resources for implementing sustainable
purchasing (e.g., training modules, total cost of ownership tools,
supplier scorecards, etc.)
- Facilitate group support, conversation and learning around sustainable
- Benchmark against one another, and other organizations