Hello CAFR members!
As Chair of the CAFR Policy Committee and member of the Board of Directors, I’d like you to consider a great opportunity. We have restructured the Policy Committee and are asking members to consider becoming a member of the committee with a term that runs from August 2017 – December 2018. We are looking for 12 to 13 members from different sectors of our CAFR membership who will take on different tasks during the year collaborating with other members of the committee. During each call we will report on our different tasks.
The commitment level of a committee member includes:
- Actively participating in the monthly Policy calls.
- Participating in a meeting at the CAFR Summit for Recycling; an annual policy planning retreat and lobby day at the capitol.
- Communicating with other members of his or her sector (i.e. haulers, local government, non-profits) on policy developments and to gather feedback.
We had a great Policy Committee Retreat on July 19 where we approved trying the
new structure (PDF) and started creating policy goals for the coming one to three years. The proposed policy priorities were:
- Educating state gubernatorial and legislative candidates, local elected officials and industry stakeholders through a white paper on our positions on state and local diversion, meetings, and a survey of candidates;
- Working to secure funding for statewide landfill compliance and data collection;
- Influencing the implementation of the state’s Integrated Solid Waste and Materials Management Plan;
- Supporting state and local market development.
The Policy Committee has been a very active committee and an important part of CAFR’s work. If you like engaging with other CAFR members on a regular basis, discussing policies to move our state forward in recycling, composting and sustainable materials management, than this committee is for you!
If you are interested in participating as a Policy Committee member, please contact me, Randy Moorman at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 14, 2017. In your communication, please tell us about your interest in serving on the Policy Committee. To achieve a balanced representation of the different sectors, there is the possibility that not everyone who wants to serve will be able to for the August 2017-December 2018 time period. All CAFR members are always welcome to join the committee’s monthly calls and stakeholder meetings (as described in the attached document).
I look forward to hearing from you!
Director of Community Campaigns
Eco-Cycle, Inc. | Boulder, CO USA
T: 303.444.6634 ext. 131