Centered in the heart of downtown Omaha, NE, Creighton’s campus spans over 130 acres and employs over 2250 part-time and full-time benefit eligible employees making it one of the largest employers in the Omaha community. Creighton is a Catholic and Jesuit comprehensive university committed to excellence in selected undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.
The Sustainability Coordinator will provide leadership in organizing events involving students, faculty, and staff to promote university-wide sustainability practices and an environmentally-mindful culture, to inform the community of our progress, to identify future challenges, and to motivate others to be actively involved in sustainability efforts. Additionally, he or she will represent Creighton’s voice in the community on sustainability issues, both managing opportunities and initiating relationships. The Sustainability Coordinator will manage internal efforts toward more sustainable practices with different organizations, which provide food services, reduce waste, lead composting efforts, and engage in campus planning. The Sustainability Coordinator will also manage and guide implementation of Creighton’s climate action plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
- Education and experience should combine a strong set of interrelated expertise in areas possibly including, but not limited to, sustainability, environmental science, and/or engineering. Project and/or team management experience (minimum two years) required. Demonstration of successful project funding and grant-writing are preferred.
- 2-4 years’ related experience
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Organizational skills
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please apply online at: https://careers.creighton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58010
An Equal Opportunity Employer.