COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT,
RECYCLING RESOURCES ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
The purpose of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to fund implementation projects that lead to new opportunities to increase waste diversion as well as create jobs. Projects may focus on recycling, composting, waste minimization, anaerobic digestion, repurposing, or reuse for a wide variety of materials. Proposals should meet one or more of the following objectives (in no particular order of priority):
- Establishing or improving programs or methods that divert materials from landfills, which may include material recycling or reuse for various materials or products, and composting;
- Leveraging regional partnerships to maximize economies of scale;
- Developing best practices in recycling, composting, waste minimization and diversion, reuse, and repurposing;
- Implementing proven diversion methods through Pay-As-You-Throw (PAYT), market incentives, contracting, municipal ordinances, or other mechanisms;
- Improving market research and collecting data to identify opportunities for increased waste diversion;
- Providing data on quantities of recyclables in order to set goals, track progress, and support new or expanded market development;
- Providing detailed economic information on the impacts of recycling and material reuse in Colorado;
- Educating and informing the general public about waste diversion.
A total of $1.8 million is available to fund multiple projects.
Information regarding this funding opportunity, the schedule, and the grant application can all be found on the CDPHE website.
Though optional, grant applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-application conference. This is each applicant’s opportunity to receive feedback directly from the selection committee on proposal ideas and to resolve any questions an applicant may have about the Request for Applications document. The pre-application conference is scheduled to start at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at the department’s main campus in Denver. Teleconferencing will be available. RSVP is required. Please reference the Request for Applications document for more details regarding the pre-application conference.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 3, 2017 AT 3:00 PM MST
Please direct questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will not be answered over the phone. Deadlines for submitting written inquiries are listed in the schedule of activities.