We’re seeking an inspirational, passionate and highly-mission-driven leader who possesses emotional intelligence and the ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with members and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also have:
- An undergraduate degree with an advanced degree highly preferred.
- Significant leadership experience, ideally of five or more years and in a membership association or other nonprofit organization. Demonstrated experience developing and cultivating strong stakeholder (i.e., member) relationships and fundraising, through sponsorships and grants, will distinguish the most attractive candidates.
- Prior experience in the recycling or solid waste (or similar environmental/resource conservation field) while very attractive, is not required.
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills including developing and managing an operating budget.
- A proactive leader; intellectually curious; regularly investigates and brings new ideas to the organization, especially with regard to operational best practices and staff leadership; skilled in critical and creative thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board President and takes direction from the Board of Directors for all activities and actions. The Executive Director will supervise the Executive Assistant and work very closely with externally contracted service providers (i.e., external accountant, lobbyist and Summit Program Coordinator). The Executive Director will administer an operating budget of $185,000. This is an exempt and full-time position.
CAFR is based in downtown Denver and offers considerable flexibility. The Association is comprised of approximately 225 members from across the State of Colorado and takes pride in offering a wide variety of services to its members and to the State, including: an Annual Summit for Recycling Conference, education and outreach, policy and advocacy and networking opportunities to name a few.
Detailed Position Specifications are available by clicking the link below: https://www.eflassociates.com/Portals/2/Position%20Specs/
If you’re interested and would like additional information – or if you have a great individual to refer – please contact Lauren McElderry, of EFL Associates, at email@example.com or 720.200.7021.