(Denver, Colo.) — The Colorado Association for Recycling (CAFR) announced the recipients of the 2016 Recycling Awards. Winners were nominated by their industry peers in recognition of their contributions to or promotion of recycling and waste reduction.
- Outstanding Business Recycling/Diversion Program: Alpine Waste & Recycling
- Outstanding Government Recycling/Diversion Program: Lake County
- Outstanding Nonprofit Recycling/Diversion Program: Boulder Food Rescue
- Outstanding Elected Official: Jan Vigil, City of Alamosa
- Mereth Meade Volunteer of the Year: Shari Malloy
- Recycler of the Year: Brittany Evans, Clear Intentions
- Lifetime Achievement: Marjorie Griek
This year’s awards highlight accomplishments in polystyrene foam and glass recycling, rural recycling, and efforts to reduce food waste. The awards also recognize the dedication of volunteers and individuals.
The awards will be presented at the annual Recycling Awards Gala, Sunday, June 12, at Varaison Vineyards & Winery in Palisade, Colorado.
The Recycling Awards Gala opens the Summit for Recycling conference, organized by CAFR. The Summit is designed to support recycling professionals with tools, resources, and information that will guide them in their efforts to advance recycling. The conference schedule is complete with workshops, panel discussions, exhibit hall, site tours, silent auction, and networking opportunities.
CAFR is committed to supporting, educating and guiding individuals and leaders in business, education, nonprofits and government to take action that turns ever greater amounts of waste into marketable resources. Click here for more information about the Recycling Awards.