Download a PDF of this job description
This is a 12-month employment agreement beginning January 1, 2019. The Program Director, under the direction of the Executive Director, is a key person in Recycle Colorado’s work in the construction and demolition (C&D) industry. Recycle Colorado has two focus areas in C&D: the C&D subject-matter council and the Colorado Contractor’s Challenge. Through its C&D Council, Recycle Colorado brings together all major stakeholders in the C&D industry to work on tangible, actionable and measurable projects that advance the recycling of C&D material. The current project will identify end markets for C&D materials through research, surveys, data collection and collaboration with partners and stakeholders. The Colorado Contractor’s Challenge is a one-year contest for general contractors statewide that was created by a group of large general contractors in Colorado to promote recycling and sustainable practices. Recycle Colorado has full oversight of the program and is responsible for the full implementation from start to finish.
The Program Director is involved in all aspects of both focus areas including: program design and implementation, research, data collection, reporting and relationship management. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently to meet specific program goals/objectives, develop and execute specific program plans, communicate program performance results and provide specific program feedback to Recycle Colorado stakeholders. The position requires the Program Director to have a reliable and insured vehicle as some travel is required. Travel is estimated to be 10-20% of the position with mileage reimbursement. All travel is by car within the state boundaries of Colorado.
Core responsibilities include:
- Collect, aggregate and report data
- Create data collection forms and reports
- Conduct extensive research
- Conduct interviews both in person and via phone
- Design and conduct surveys
- Draft and present program reports
- Build the specific program components for the Colorado Contractor’s Challenge (CCC)
- Conduct outreach and recruit contractors to participate in the CCC
- Onboard all participants in the CCC
- Conduct recycling trainings for program participants
- Communicate professionally with all stakeholders, partners and program participants
- Maintain weekly or as needed contact with all key program participants to facilitate operational execution of the program; trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Assist in developing marketing plans and materials
- Attend promotional events and required meetings
- Participate in and lead conference calls
- Travel regionally up to 20% to deliver trainings, conduct site visits, attend meetings and manage program components
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in program management or coordination
- Experience in community and outreach programs
- Ability to quickly assess situations and strategically respond to participant needs
- Experience designing and implementing marketing and promotions for programs
- Knowledge and experience with community based marketing
- Knowledge and experience working community events and presenting to community groups
- Must be detail oriented and proficient at multi-tasking
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to present and interpret analytical reports
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally on a professional level is key
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience working in the multiple sectors (private, non-profit, government) is preferred
- Experience working in recycling and/or construction is a plus
Salary & Benefits
This is a 12-month employment contract
Base salary range is $40,000 – $45,000 depending on experience
One week of paid vacation (time off accrues monthly) and 11 paid holidays
$200 per month health insurance reimbursement
ABOUT RECYCLE COLORADO
Recycle Colorado is the leading independent, non-profit organization in Colorado actively working to advance infrastructure, end markets and state and local policies so that Colorado’s waste stream is recycled, composted or diverted to reuse or remanufacturing. We do this by working on tangible, actionable and measurable projects that advance infrastructure, end markets and policies that support circular economy solutions for materials and result in landfill diversion. The organization has over 350 members statewide from private, non-profit and government sectors.
Please submit a current resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for resume submissions is Friday, November 16, at 5PM Mountain Time.
If you have questions regarding this posting, please submit your questions to Laurie Johnson, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Recycle Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.