Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC (dba Wazee & H&N entities, an industrial company based in Denver, CO) is seeking a qualified, experienced individual to take on a newly dedicated role as an EHS director. Must have experience with EHS duties in a similar industry or construction, must be willing to travel to other locations throughout Colorado, Wyoming, and Washington, 3+ years of experience, minimum level of education – high school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to the email address provided in this ad. No phone calls please.
Job Summary: Responsible for managing activities related to environmental and safety control, as well as some aspects of quality control. Plans, implements, and coordinates programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses. Develops and maintains accident prevention and loss control systems and programs into operational policies of organization.
- Conducts periodic safety inspections (both in-house and at job sites) to detect existing or potential hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Issuing of safety equipment, conducting of safety training programs, preparing safety materials, including prequalification forms for customers, and the preparation of material for Company use.
- Preparation, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health and safety programs with the aim of eliminating accidents, property loss, harm to the environment and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Provides/orders safety posters, information, signs, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Recommends installation of safety guards, safe working practices, and use of personal safety equipment.
- Investigates all accident/incidents and ensures proper paperwork and reporting is completed per requirements by regulatory agencies and insurance company.
- Oversees the administration of workers’ compensation program, including maintaining contact with the injured employee as well as the workers’ compensation provider.
- Maintains complete accident statistics, records, and files, including OSHA logs.
- Responsible for education of supervisors and employees in all safety matters, schedule and lead safety meetings.
- Keep applicable employees up to date on MSHA training.
- Lead and schedule safety committee meetings and document/file all minutes.
- DOT compliance.
- Drug and alcohol policy maintenance and administration.
- Environmental compliance, and work towards making the Company as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Conduct and schedule fire extinguisher and fire system inspections.
- Keep MSDS books up to date.
- Plans, organizes and directs health education and wellness programs to meet organization goals and employee needs. Providing lifestyle change education, counseling and support. Organizes special events to promote safety and wellness awareness.
- Represent the organization in community and industry safety groups, meetings, and programs.
- Take part in implementing and maintaining quality control programs and paperwork as applicable to the EH&S role.
- Other EH&S duties and quality duties as assigned.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Eyeglasses/contact may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
***TIMKEN MOTOR & CRANE SERVICES LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & FOSTERS A DRUG-FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT***
Compensation: DOE – This is a salaried position. Benefits available after applicable waiting